We are looking for a passionate and ambitious Technical Lead to join and lead the EBM software development team, helping to advance and improve our industry leading chatbot management platform.
Our platform employs NLP and Machine Learning, using the latest technologies, to empower enterprise teams to create, manage and scale engaging chatbot and Conversational AI solutions.
This is an exciting role where you will own the strategic leadership of our software development team and the technical delivery of our product roadmap and backlog. You’ll manage and work collaboratively with our software development team, to deliver business and user value in an effective and pragmatic way, as well as actively propose and contribute to ongoing process improvement activities.
- Strategic leadership of our software development, QA and DevOps capabilities:
- Managing, mentoring and developing existing team members
- Proactively identify gaps in our technical capabilities
- Leading the hiring process for new team members
- Engaging with third party service providers
- Defining and delivering the technical strategy for the product (in collaboration with the wider EBM product team):
- Backend frameworks and code stack
- Frontend frameworks and code stack
- DevOps tools, processes and best practices
- QA tools, processes and best practices
- Oversee the technical delivery of product roadmap and backlog (in collaboration with the wider EBM product team):
- Lead the technical design of new features
- Lead and oversee the implementation of new features
- Provide code reviews when necessary
- Help to diagnose and resolve bugs when necessary
- Collaborating with the product owner, product manager and clients delivery managers, you will liaise directly with customers to understand their requirements and explain solutions.
- Lead and improve our agile development processes, e.g.:
- Daily standup
- Sprint planning and retrospective
- Ticket management with JIRA
- Demonstrable experience within a technology leadership-based role
- Extensive knowledge of current and emerging technology and tools
- Strong background in technology; in particular, platform architecture, data architecture, integrations and development
- Practical experience using relational databases (we use MySQL and Postgres)
- Practical experience using source control (we use git and GitLab)
- An understanding of DevOps, and working with/managing DevOps processes (we use GitLab and Google Cloud Platform)
- A keen interest in software development and best practices
- Curious of nature with a passion for efficiency in the development processes
- Exceptional team leadership skills, excellent verbal and written communication at all levels
- Experience in mentoring Junior Developers on development methodologies and optimisation techniques
- Willing to ‘get hands dirty’ in setting up new systems and processes
- You’ll also be motivated with the ability to take ownership of projects and quickly identify and resolve any issues
- You thrive in a highly collaborative team and are enthusiastic about engaging with customers, designers, and product managers as necessary to create great products and services.
At EBM (The Enterprise Bot Manager) we bring together dedicated expertise and cutting-edge technology to deliver end-to-end conversational AI solutions that drive exceptional user experiences.
Our purpose is to empower higher performance chatbot solutions by leveraging the best technologies while continuously improving and providing fantastic customer and colleague experiences:
- Better performing and lower cost chatbots
- Meet and exceed your customer service objectives
- Capture useful insights on your audience
We achieve this through our services:
We help and advise our business clients on where and how chatbot solutions will add the greatest value as part of their larger digital strategy.
We provide and integrate the best-in-class tools and operating models required to quickly and effectively deliver your chatbot program and to manage and monitor it for continued success.
We scope and validate concepts before full delivery – from conversation design, channel strategy, integrations, bespoke development, chatbot build / configuration and testing.
We collaborate with you to develop a support strategy that enables you to maximise and maintain the value of your chatbot solution.
We’re approved partners of Google, Microsoft, IBM and Blackbaud and our clients include HSBC, Tesco, NHS, NSPCC, L’Oreal, Rentokil Initial, Northern Gas Networks and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our five core values drive everything we do and as we scale, we will be looking to you to help us scale our culture at the same time.
- Autonomy, able to own what you’re working on
- Boldness, to reflect EBM’s ambition
- Collaboration, able to help others do their best work
- Deep Fun, as in Deep Learning, able to make EBM a really enjoyable place to work (and able to come up with better AI-related puns than that)
- Excellence, so that we can trust each other to do great work well
Why you’ll love working with us
This role offers a great opportunity to join a company with a unique value proposition in the AI industry.
We put a lot of faith in our people, treat them really well and have a lot of fun together.
At the same time, we believe that our approach to AI will make us a global leader in enterprise-grade Conversational AI technology.
We love working with each other, and we’re confident we’re building something massive.